What is infrared sauna therapy?
Infrared sauna is a relaxing therapy that facilitates an invigorating and detoxifying deep tissue sweat, leaving you fully refreshed after each session. Unlike traditional saunas, full spectrum infrared saunas use special heaters that directly penetrate into the body.
The infrared energy augments the body’s healing mechanisms, allowing toxins and pollutants stored in fat cells to be dissolved and washed away through natural body functions. And because infrared light has the ability to penetrate human tissue, this sauna, in turn, produces a host of anti-aging health benefits as well as relief from chronic pain.
Infrared sauna has also been scientifically proven to encourage weight loss, and a typical session in an infrared sauna can torch as many as 300-600 calories. As your body works hard to cool itself down, your heart rate elevates and your metabolism increases, causing you to burn calories without strenuous exercise.
Chromotherapy (aka Light Therapy)
Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms.
Each of our saunas come equipped with this option — it is standard, no extra cost.
THE SALT ROOM® APOPKA
Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna Protocol
Follow these instructions to make the most of your Infrared Sauna Experience at The Salt Room
Pre Sauna Session
– Hydrate with at least 8 oz. of water to prepare their body for an increase in core temperature.
– Please arrive early in order to set yourself up comfortably. Appointments are set up back to back with a small amount of time in between to clean and prep for the next client.
What to wear
– During the session you can disrobe to your comfort level: bathing suit or undergarments are ideal.
– Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended for after your session.
During Sauna Session
– You shouldn’t be surprised if you do not sweat during the first few sessions. Sweating will increase with regular use, removing toxins and leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
– Start session when sauna reaches 110°F.
– Optimal sauna experience occurs between 110° and 135°F.
**AUTOIMMUNE, MS, LUPUS CLIENTS: KEEP SAUNA AT 100° to 110°.
– Select Chromotherapy setting based on your individual goals.
– Your Phone or MP3 player can connect to the console via Bluetooth for a personalized music experience.
– Sessions run 30-45 minutes.
– Always remember you can discontinue the session and exit the sauna at any time.* – Please do not eat or drink in the sauna.
– Please refrain from wearing shoes inside the sauna.
– Please shut the glass doors gently.
– Please refrain from applying oils or lotions to your skin prior to entering the sauna.
Post Infrared Session
– You should drink at least 24 oz. of water or electrolyte to re-hydrate.
– Dry off with a cool towel from the mini-fridge (limit one washcloth per client) then allow your body to cool down naturally. Wait 45 minutes before showering at home to allow your body to continue detoxing.
– Place all soiled towels in the laundry bin before you exit.
– Schedule the next Infrared session when you reach the front desk.
– The infrared sauna is not recommended for pregnant women.
– The infrared sauna is not recommended for children 12 years old or younger.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
– Sauna sessions are non-refundable and subject to cancellation policy. All no call/no show appointments will result in forfeit of prepaid service. We ask if you need to reschedule to give 24 hours notice.
If you must reschedule or cancel your appointment, please notify The Salt Room® at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment to avoid being charged the FULL SERVICE FEE. Any appointments rescheduled within the 24-hour timeframe will incur a change fee of $50.
MASSAGE ONLY: If you must reschedule or cancel your appointment, please notify The Salt Room Apopka at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment to avoid being charged any fee. If you need to reschedule within 24 hours of the massage, there will be a $50 charge. If you cancel the appointment on the same day, you will be charged the full service fee.